Adonis Mann

Adonis Mann

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Synful Desire Bring Us "Amoresels Q&A"

The word is getting around and now a lot of people know about the upcoming release of author Synful Desire's anthology collection called "Amoresels". On this day I am blessed to have the privildge of having Ms. Desire grace my blog with "Amoresels Q&A".


What was the inspiration behind the title of the work? Please elaborate.

It was pretty simple, to be honest. Each story was relatively short, indicative of a “morsel” one would savor. The connecting factor between all the stories was love—whether it was from an object or concept, hence the “amore”. The fusion of the two formed Amoresels.

Was there a science behind the composition of the pieces? If so, please expand.
The only science involved was numbers, then alphabets. I put them in order from shortest to longest. In a position where the stories were the same length, then alphabetical order took precedence. The only exception was the title story, which I wanted to not only be the longest story but I also wanted it to be the final story.

What, do you surmise, could have served as an alternative title for the work?

Hmmm … I honestly didn’t have an alternate title picked out for this work. Maybe Hot Flashes but that reminds me too much of a woman experiencing menopause. Or Syncopation of Sensual Intensity. However, I think people may get that mixed up with your work, Adonis. No, I do feel Amoresels is perfect.

If you could rate the work yourself, based on the better-known 4 Star rating scale, what would you give it and why?

Four star? What happened to five? Did I miss the changes?

I can’t answer this question because I don’t believe in rating my own work. Reason being, why put writing out there if you don’t feel as if it’s your absolute best? I’ve never been one to do so. Now, putting out an upgraded or extended version of something I’ve already written, certainly. Never some “trash to treasure” shenanigans.

In my experience, it can take quite some time to compile an anthology. Did you find this was true for you also? If so or if not, please explain?

This was not the case for me, mostly because Amoresels is a flash fiction project. That was on purpose because it was reminiscent of my debut in writing. My debut was the short story entitled “Kona” that was fueled by imagination and a cup of java. The juggling act was when I was going to put out Amoresels because of my commitment to two other collaborative efforts, Concordant Vibrancy 4 and Divergent Ink 3. My initial plan was to do Amoresels after I finished my contribution to CV4 but I kept getting inspiration which led to a new story in Amoresels. That is when I realized that Amoresels would get completed quicker than anticipated, which led to my moving up the release date from the original 2020 projection. In total, Amoresels took about two months and some change to complete.

I find that we authors normally go into writing a project with a target audience in mind. Was this true for you when writing “Amoresels”?

The target audience for Amoresels is the erotically open minded, the unconventional reader, and just for those who are tired of reading the same old doldrum fuckfests that exist in the Erotica genre. Outside of that, I wrote Amoresels to reconnect with my origins as a contemporary erotica writer.

Can we expect a follow up to this work?

As tempting as this sounds, I’m going to resist my compulsion for “All Things Serial”. I have too many serial works in progress as it is.

How abstract, if at all, do you think the stories are?

If you mean abstract, in the sense of writer development, then that accounts for almost all of them. Most of the stories in Amoresels lose their abstractness once they were put on the page.

How short is the shortest story and how long is the longest, and why?

The shortest story is “The Desktop Surprise” with a word count of 491. The longest ones are “Royals Delight” and “Amoresels”, tied at 1500. There’s really no explanation as to why. Where the story ends is where it ends. The only restriction I put on myself is that the story doesn’t exceed 1500 words.

If you were a reader and had no idea “Amoresels” existed, but happened to come across it at the bookstore, would you buy it? If so or if not, why?

Amoresels isn’t for everyone. I think that the lips on the cover are highly intriguing and would make you want to reach for the book, just to see what it’s about. I wanted to be whimsical in description on purpose to mainly peak curiosity. I would buy it because I like to expand my reading repertoire.

One who isn’t into erotica at all or who lacks the open mindedness to embrace opposing ideals on sexuality shouldn’t buy this book. It really is for a specific audience. It’s how I had Amoresels designed. Amoresels is for liberation of the erotic doldrums, not for people who want to stick with safe bets.


As always Adonis, thanks for having me.


Until next time,
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Has Come ... Reversal

What else can we say, but, “It's the official release day”? It’s really exciting to start the new year off on a high note, regardless of...