Adonis Mann

Adonis Mann

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Queen of Spades Presents: Finding My Heart

Hello everyone! I am honored that Author Adonis Mann has permitted me his platform to discuss my newest short story offering "Finding My Heart".


Blurb:


Leopold Hawkins Threadbare is revered for his scientific genius, which has blessed him with great fortune. When the lovely Katarina is less than impressed, their disagreement spirals him into unexpected circumstances. Time is of the essence. The treasure is Leopold’s heart. The reward is his life. Discover if Leopold achieves success in Finding My Heart.


Excerpt:


The crackling. It’s what I heard first. Followed by the humming of a tune I didn’t recognize.

Mixtures of colors: red, orange, and yellow. It was the first image I saw once I opened my eyes.

Fire. Fire atop wood. No other colors surrounded it, as if the scene was randomly thrown in.

“It was randomly thrown in,” a voice replied.

I twirled around with my fists raised. “Who said that? Where are you?”

“Technically, I have the ability to be everywhere, but in this particular case, I’m in front of you.”

I rubbed my eyes. Thrice. All remained black.

“I can’t see you. Show yourself!”

The voice scoffed. “Demanding bugger, aren’t you? I’m not revealing myself until you act like you have some manners!”

I lowered my fists. Relaxed my hands. “Mr. Invisible Man, will you do me the honor of revealing yourself?”

“Maybe, but only if you eliminate the sarcasm.”

“You’re being utterly ridiculous!” I yelled.

“You’re the one who’s pressed for time. Not me. I can do this game all day.” The voice resumed its humming.





"Finding My Heart" is available (1) on my website (in pdf form) or (2) via All Authors Publishing House (which also offers epub and mobi, along with pdf).

Thanks for your time,



No comments:

Post a Comment

It Has Come ... Reversal

What else can we say, but, “It's the official release day”? It’s really exciting to start the new year off on a high note, regardless of...